Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wham Bam Portrait Slam!

Last night about 8.30pm, I was really in the mood to do an Alla Prima painting. Before I took out the whole  paint get up though, I remembered that I had some good scrap Bristol paper. I figured why not tackle on a quick self-portrait with pencil. I decided to go upstairs to the bathroom and sit in front of the mirror for these drawings.



This was the first one, overall it looks like me so I was satisfied since I only spent about an hour on it. I was just wanting to do a self portrait and because I was in the mood to make something. What better way than to make something and brush up on the old the classic form of drawing. I might be working on more drawing, I haven't decided yet. Since I did one portrait in an hour and I was still in the mood, I went for the Double Dare.
With this one, I went with a more fun approach rather than a bland stare. Sure enough I was actually able to capture the essence of my likeness in this one better than the first. This drawing also took about an hour and that was all I really wanted to invest in it. Both of these are at a small scale because of the scrap piece, but hey they still look like me so I was happy.


So what do you wanna do? I don't know, but if you have read this and it makes you want to do a quick self-portrait, make one. Post it on FB or on your own blog site. You can even place a link down in the comment slot if you would like. Whatever you decide to do, just have fun.


I mean seriously, when was the last time you did a self-portrait that wasn't school related? If it's been a while just do one. Seriously, you'll be glad you did.


Happy Slammin!

No comments:

Post a Comment