Sunday, July 29, 2012

Digital Painting Part Two

Hi everyone!

I hope that everyone has continued to art the summer away. I can't believe it's only about a month away and we go back to school and get blasted with hard work all over again.
It's gonna be a long ride when it gets here, but I think most of us are glad that it's still summer, while other just want to be back in Columbus.

Many of you have seen the portrait that my good friend Jon "I ain't playin' around" Yurek did of me earlier in the week. The charcoal portrait on Illustration Board was just fantastic and actually captured the essence of my facial features. I'm glad that I have a friend that is majoring in Ad/Graph, but still does work like a fine artist.

Anyway enough about him, as many of you know my work is normally more graphic in nature, but lately I've been wanting to work a little more realistic and learn how to use Photoshop. From my previous, the toucan, this is the next project that I've done using PS.

The thing that I'm trying to understand with the program is how to make it do what I want. I know how to traditionally paint, but I'm trying to figure out how the program translates those things I've been taught. Of course I'm not a master by any means, but hey knowing something is better than knowing nothing.

This the portrait that I did of my friend Jon.


*quick note: if you wanna see more detail of the image simply download it and open in PS*

As you can see my skill at PS aren't completely bad, but they still definitely need more work. I think the exciting thing for me is that, I can only get better. I'm learning to keep my skills growing in areas I don't normally work in. I'm saying I'm changing working methods with my work, I'm just like to experiment on different things.

I hope that this gets some of you to do a portrait of a friend or two.
I'll have more posts later on!!!

-W-

No comments:

Post a Comment